Securing Access to your Applciations, Information, and Data
Today’s landscape has changed significantly due to recent increases in cyber attacks. As evidenced in the media, even large corporations and government agencies are not immune to these attacks. Attacks through a company’s vendors and on smaller companies are on the rise, thereby increasing the target company’s risk and threat area. In reality, attacks occur on a much more frequent basis with no mention in the news. Many times hackers ransom a business’s stolen data and the business pays to avoid any press or to have the data appear for sale on the dark web. Litigation against breached organizations will also continue to increase as evidenced by the increase in class-action lawsuits. Current estimates put the cost of a breach at $3.6 million, not to mention the impact on reputation and in losing your customer’s trust, both of which could prove fatal for your business.
Today, most of the tools and processes that we use to detect an attack are defensive in nature. Currently, it takes approximately 200 days before a breach is identified. This is because when the information is valuable or sensitive, as in the case of classified government documents or an individual’s private information, the hacker’s goal is focused towards remaining concealed so that information and data sources can be identified and stolen without detection. This gap is typically due to a combination of inadequate technology, lack of security awareness and training amongst employees, and not having the proper policies and procedures in place to mitigate security risks. The fact is that new Malware, Phishing techniques, and Viruses continue to be developed and proliferated constantly, so a reactive response will never win the game. On top of that, we also have to secure access to all the Cloud-hosted services that we rely on daily that house our data. In order for security to be effective at all, a holistic approach must be taken to ensure that every point in the chain between your employees, vendors, and your systems and data is secure.
How ZSD Protects your People, Organization, and its Data
Built using ZeroNetU’s proprietary technologies, the ZeroNetU Isolated Cloud Secure Stack (ZSD) addresses these issues from a proactive and offensive posture. ZSD provides an organization’s employees a “fresh” desktop that connects only to the resources allowed through its own private network. Every time the desktop is started, it provides the user with a “brand new” desktop within a hardened and locked down operating system. Access to the desktop is integrated with multi-factor authentication, and subsequent access to your SaaS and Enterprise applications is facilitated via Single Sign On (SSO) .
ZSD is fully customizable to user’s needs and integrates with over 4000 online applications like Google Docs, Salesforce, Dropbox, Microsft365, and many more. Once an application or service is integrated into ZSD, access to that application can be limited exclusively through ZSD or in combination with other devices. Since ZSD is constantly monitoring usage within the environment, a business owner always knows what resources are being accessed by whom and how frequently. Any usage within ZSD that’s out of the ordinary triggers an automated security notification for further investigation, for example when an employee frequently visits the customer export functionality in Salesforce or attempts to access a non-whitelisted website.
Your data is also secured with ZSD, so if it does happen to leak out, it will basically be useless. ZSD provide zero knowledge encryption for all your files as well as your email. You still have the ability to share encrypted confidential data with anyone, but you also have the ability to control who sees it, for how long, and to revoke access to that information immediately.
- Full Microsoft Windows or Linux Desktop:
- Incrementally migrate your entire organization’s current desktops to ZSD secure and sanitized desktop
- ZSD Clients can run on any device with a browser
- ZSD desktops are hosted in the cloud and are accessible via any browsers on any device
- Fully Controlled, Sentinel-secured access to ZSD Infrastructure
- Network-level security to each customers private ZSD network
- Infrastructure is protected and anonymized
- By proprietary privacy and anonymity platform and optional anonymized procurement of services
- Built with the best, proven, and secure cyber technologies in the industry
- We review all the security products out there and integrate the best into a single desktop suite
- The same ZeroNetU proprietary technologies in use by our Intelligence Community
- Secured access to your Applications
- Access to your apps and data is virtually impossible outside of the ZSD environment
- Security and Protection of your data
- Files, database, and email encryption using zero-knowledge
- Encryption keys are under your exclusive control
- Limited ZSD “business browser” access to only business-related sites
- Access to other sites, like social media and unapproved websites are blocked by the business browser
- Includes a second browser for browsing anywhere on the Internet without any chance of infecting your systems or data – excludes business-related sites
- All applications on the desktop are sand-boxed
- Viruses and other malware are unable to persist between each new logon session
- Centralized Management, Access, and Monitoring of your Applications and Data
- A Single Point for authentication, access management and reporting usage for each employee and all apps
- Complete and periodic employee security and awareness training
- Understanding threats coupled with regular phishing and social engineering attempts
- Single Sign-on to all your online apps
- Users never have to know all the passwords to their applications
- See who is accessing which applications and how
- Logging of user-activity displayed through the administrator’s web-based console
- Notification on suspicious user activity
- Zero Infrastructure: Ability to run your desktops in the cloud, thereby eliminating the BYOD security problem
ZSD is a proactive security solution: It locks down and secures access to your business applications and data to practically eliminate the potential for security and data related breaches due to insider threat, malware, hacking, and viruses.